- When do I get my proceeds check?
- On the date of recording, you may request that your escrow officer either cut you a check for your proceeds or wire the funds directly into your bank account.
- Why do I have to pay interest on my loan pay-off past the day of recording?
- Your lender continues to accrue interest to the date that they post your loan as being paid in full. This could be one or two days from the date your escrow officer sends your pay-off check via overnight mail or wire transfer.
- When do I get a refund from my impound account?
- After your escrow officer sends your pay-off check to your existing lender, you can expect to get impound account back direct from your lender within 30-60 days. If you have any questions after that time, we suggest calling your lender.
- When do I cancel homeowner’s/fire insurance?
- Please do not cancel your insurance until you have confirmed that your transaction has closed.
- Why does my escrow officer require that I complete a 1099 form?
- A 1099 form is the reporting form adopted by the IRS for submitting the information required by law. Under guidelines established by the IRS, sellers of real property are required to have their sales price reported on the 1099 form.
- What is a Statement of information?
- Statements of information provide title companies with the information they need to distinguish the buyers and sellers of real property from others with similar names, for the issuance of title insurance at close of escrow. After identifying the true buyers and sellers, title companies may disregard the judgments, liens or other matters on the public records under similar names.
- I don’t understand tax pro-rations. How do they work?
- Each year on January 1st, the lien of that year’s property taxes attached to the land, pursuant to Arizona Law. However, the lien is not due and payable until October 1st of that year for the first half of that year’s bill and the second half of that year’s bill is not due until March 1st of the following year. Pro-rations are done to reimburse the buyer for the portion of the year that the seller has owned the property and has not yet paid taxes.
- What will I need to take with me to Lawyers Title of Arizona to sign my closing documents?
- Take one of the following: Arizona Drivers License, Arizona ID card or Military ID.
Contact: Lawyers Title Of Arizona for All Your Title Needs
Office: 623-979-6060 www.lawyerstitlearizona.com
The Shankman Team
Realizing Your Dream is Our Mission
28451 N Vistancia Blvd, Suite D-103 Peoria, AZ 85383